A Building Company and Builder must be registered with the Victorian Building Authority (VBA) to perform any building works over $10,000 in Victoria.

Before you engage a builder, check the status of their registration at www.vba.vic.gov.au, on the ‘Find a Practitioner’ tab on the top right hand side of the VBA website, enter the building company’s name and/or the builder’s name to confirm registration status.